COVID-19 Updates & Resources
All Support Group Meetings are Held Virtually Until Further Notice.
Other reliable resources
Managing Stress & Anxiety from the CDC
World Health Organization (WHO)
Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation
Pennsylvania Department of Health
New Jersey Department of Health
Delaware Department of Health
All social media, please follow the above resources
Please visit the Center for Disease Control for all updated information and how to continue to stay healthy.
51+ Things to Do While
You’re at Home
With countless American families cooped up together amid stay-at-home orders for the corona virus pandemic some law enforcement officials said they fear an unintended consequence of long-term, close-quarters living: a potential rise in domestic violence incidents.So, as a public service to help keeping peace at home, whether you’re working from home or have turned your living room into a virtual home-school, here’s a list of resources for keeping your cool by staying busy with entertainment and education, while social distancing…
Virtual Museum Tours
Many museums have closed their doors but they are open for business online. Here’s a list of museums that have put their collections online for you to enjoy.
Online Concerts and Shows
The music and cultural scenes are doing their best to keep going. You can stream nightly concerts and Broadway shows from the comfort of your living room… or perhaps you’d prefer to relax in a bubble bath with an iPad.
16. Check out STAGEIT for access to “Shut in and Sing” events and online concerts
17. NPR is keeping a live list of Virtual Concerts which is updated daily.
Learn Something New
Learning something new doesn’t need to cost money. You can keep your brain active and learn a new language in just five minutes a day. Perhaps you would prefer to learn how to draw or code?
18. Learn a new language in as little as five minutes every day. DuoLingo will even let you set up a “classroom” so you can have accounts for kids to study. Drops is another app that makes learning a new language fun.
19. Yale University is offering a free course online – The Science of Well-Being – that teaches you how to be happier.
20. Take a University Art Class – Artsy.net has a list of 10 classes you can take for free online.
21. Coursera offers free online courses from many of the world’s top universities in a wide variety of subjects.
22. Become an Artist with Art a la Carte on YouTube.
23. Code Academy offers a free online coding course.
Take a Virtual Field Trip
Field trips might be cancelled but just like the virtual museum tours we suggested, here are some ideas for creating an at-home field trip. If you’ve ever wanted to visit a national park or explore the surface of mars from the comfort of your home, there’s never been a better time.
24. San Diego Zoo
27. Live Animal Cams at the San Diego Zoo, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Zoo Atlanta, Houston Zoo, Georgia Aquarium, Smithsonian National Zoo, Reid Park Zoo, Ouwehand Zoo.
28. Live farm cams from Farm Food 360
33. Ellis Island
37. LUNCH DOODLES with Mo Willems
38. #GADBookClub : Actor Josh Gad (Olaf from Frozen) is reading bedtime stories live on his Twitter every night.
41. Scholastic Learn At Home : Day by day projects to keep kids thinking, learning, and growing.
Binge Watch Something New
If you have the feeling that you’ve watched everything there is to see on Netflix, here are some other platforms you can download to your phone, tablet, or smart TV for a variety of shows and movies.
42. PlutoTV is always free and has 250+ of free channels to choose from. This has an App for Android or Apple devices, as well as working on your smart TV.
43. XUMO is a free (ad-supported) service with 200 channels of movies, TV shows and kids’ entertainment.
44. Sundance Now has a 30-day free trial with the code SUNDANCENOW30. This service offers thrillers, True Crime, and Dramas.
45. Shudder has a 30-day free trial with the code SHUTIN. Shudder specializes in horror movies and thrillers.
46. UMC has a 30-day free trial with the code UMCFREE30. UMC has the best in Black film and TV.
47. Acorn TV has a a 30-day free trial with the code FREE30 and is full of British and Australian TV shows
48. Crunchyroll has a 14-day free trial and access to Anime
49. Philo is a cable alternative that has a 7-day free trial then it’s $20/month for 59+ channels.
50. Sling TV is another Cable alternative and has two packages available
51. IMDb TV is an ad-supported movie streaming services